I currently teach at the University of Amsterdam, Department of Dutch Linguistics and am involved in four undergraduate programs in the 2019–2020 academic year: Dutch Language and Culture, Linguistics, Amsterdam University College, and the brand-new interdisciplinary program Cognition, Language and Communication, of which I also became program director (programmaleider) in January 2020. I obtained my BKO/University Teaching Qualification in 2017.
See courses below, click for classes for high school students and their teachers, ask about a short class for elementary school kids, or check Facebook (Dutch or CLC) to see what (else) we’re up to. Have you seen the Linguistics webinar? What about the UvA’s week van het brein?
Courses (to be) Taught
|20||Stemmen van de Stad 2. 1st year interdisciplinary course in BA Dutch Language & Culture. Academic writing & research.|
|20||Stemmen van de Stad 1. 1st year interdisciplinary course in BA Dutch Language & Culture. Lectures & seminars on language acquisition, variation and change.|
|19||Early vs Late Acquisition. (r)Ma Linguistics; Dutch Language & Culture.|
|19||Knowledge Application. 2nd year CLC, block 6 project. Supporting/TA-role.|
|18–20||Linguistics (Amsterdam University College). Survey course in Cognition track. (3x)|
|13–16; 19–20||Onderzoekswerkgroep Taalkunde. Undergraduate thesis/capstone course, BA Dutch Language & Culture. Theses co-supervised: 36. (6x, upcoming)|
|18–20||Inleiding Algemene Taalwetenschap & Nederlandse Taalkunde (in artikelen). 1st year survey course, BA Dutch Language & Culture. Coordinator and instructor. (2x, upcoming)|
|13–19||Taalontwikkeling. 2nd year, BA Dutch Language & Culture. Coordinator 16–19. Supervised 31 projects. (6x) This course received the Onderwijsprijs 2016!|
|17–20||Introduction to Linguistics. 1st year, BA Linguistics & BSc Cognition, Language and Communication. Both Dutch and English-language groups. (4x)|
|18||First Language Acquisition. 2nd year, BA Linguistics. I held two sections. (1x)|
|18–19; 19–20||Zins- en Taalanalyse. First-year survey course, BA Taal & Communicatie. (2x)|
|09–13||Dutch and Academic Writing (Haagse Hogeschool)|
Subject to change.
- 31 undergraduate term papers/group research projects (see Taalontwikkeling)
- 46 undergraduate theses (see e.g. Onderzoekswerkgroep Taalkunde)
- 6 undergraduate, 2 graduate (MA) interns.
- 2 rMA theses (Heleen de Vries, co-supervision with Alla Peeters-Podgaevskaja; Jenna Hassan, co-supervision with Sible Andringa)
- Undergraduate: multiple guest and substitute lectures for >5 different courses at the UvA, and one at Leiden University.
- Graduate level: Guest class on verb cluster acquisition and one on ordinal acquisition in rMA Linguistics. Second Evaluator for three theses, on blijken (2019), on modal particles (2016), and verb cluster acquisition (2015).